LA TECHNIQUE, by Jacques Pepin - 1976 [Signed 1st Ed] French Cooking Recipes DJ$425.00
La Technique: An Illustrated Guide to the Fundamental Techniques of Cooking
by Jacques Pepin
photographs by Leon Perer
FIRST SIGNED EDITION. Published by: Quadrangle / The New York Times Book Co., New York, 1976.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 0812906101
- Tan cloth boards are blind-tooled with lobster design on front, mirroring DJ illustration.
- Boards have sharp corners, with some fading along top front edge and minimal dirt overall.
- Spine features crisp black text, with lightly softened ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Front fep features author signature. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges have a little dust at corners. (See photos)
- Dust jacket is fully intact, with minimal edgewear.
- DJ has rough price-clip on front return. (See photos)
- Closer examination of DJ reveals tiny edge tears, as well as a faint 1" x 0.75" stain on back near spine. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
SIGNED and inscribed by Jacques Pepin (b.1935) on front free end page.
From the book flap: "The standard cook books that line kitchen bookshelves are really recipe books. La Technique is not. It is instead an unrivaled practical guide to the fundamental techniques of cooking, a master chef's superb compendium of the basic culinary skills that will allow any cook to execute any recipe, time and time again."
Filled with detailed step-by-step instructions, all accompanied by B&W photos illustrating the techniques. Also includes full-color plate in center section.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore