LA MINI-CARIATIDE III, by Berrocal - 1971
La Mini-Cariatide III
Text in German, English, French, Italian and Spanish. Italy: Collection Mini-Multiples, 1971.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition.
- Volume features B&W covers with blue and gray designs on front.
- Book displays minimal overall wear and aging.
- Boards exhibit minimal shelfwear.
- Spine is minimally aged.
- Binding is secure.
- Front endpapers show some faint foxing along foot edges. (See photos)
- Interior shows minor age-toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are gently age-toned.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
67 pages. 7 x 9.75 inches.
Book features B&W covers with blue, gray and white designs on front.
Text is in German, English, French, Italian and Spanish. Features B&W photographs as well as monochrome blue diagrams. Includes a list of the artist's puzzle sculptures in gold, golden metal, silver, and nickel metal.
This intriguing book is a guide to the assembly of the puzzle sculpture la Mini-Cariatide by the Spanish sculptor Berrocal. It features an introductory text on the artist and his purpose in creating this singular piece, followed by a detailed instructions section on how to assemble the pieces. The 25-piece sculpture is based on the human form and presents an unusual challenge for the assembly of a three-dimensional puzzle.
Miguel Berrocal (1933-2006) was a Spanish figurative and abstract sculptor. He is best-known for his puzzle sculptures, which can be disassembled into abstract pieces. His other puzzle sculptures include the Mini-David and the Mini-Maria. [Wikipedia]
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore