KEITH: AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY, Elmer Keith - 1974 American Big Game Hunting Guns DJ HB$75.00
Keith: An Autobiography
by Elmer Keith
In an entertaining, captivating narration, here is the fascinating life story of the world-famous big-game guide and the dean of American firearms authorities, Elmer Keith, told with talent and honesty. Essentially a hunting guide, apart from some military experience, Keith is almost a legend to those who know the history of firearms and the old West. His adventures took him not only to the Southernmost part of the continent, but also to some parts of Africa. His autobiography is not only a book about hunting and firearms, and a valuable guide to any involved in their practice. It is foremost the story, so often mythified, of a land untamed, the America of the start of the twentieth century, told by a man who was revered by it as a legend. 408 pages. 5.75 x 8.5 inches.
Illustrated with B&W photographs of the author's adventures. Includes a foreword by Donald E. Martin.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: Winchester Press, New York, 1974.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with VERY GOOD- DJ.
- Volume displays mild signs of aging and wear to covers and interior.
- Brown covers exhibit minor edgewear with some rubbing and minimal bumping to corners.
- Spine features text and publisher's logo in gilt and has slightly softened ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Illustration plates are well-preserved with mild overall toning. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned, with a shadow to half-title page and last index page.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are moderately toned with mild foxing along head. Fore edge is deckled.
- DJ looks nice behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ shows overall toning, as well as some darkening and scuffing with more on back, and a darkened spine. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore