KATE PERCIVAL: BELLE OF THE DELEWARE - 1931
The Life and Amours of the Beautiful, Gay, and Dashing Kate Percival: The Belle of the Delaware, Voluptuous, Exciting, Amorous, and Delighting
by Kate Percival
Erotica told as a memoir. "I am what is called a woman of pleasure,and have drained its cup to the very dregs. I have the most extraordinary scenes to depict, but although I shall place everything before the reader in the most explicit language, I shall be careful no to wound his or her sense of decency by the use of coarse words, feeling satisfied there is more charm in a story decently told than in the bold unblushing use of terms which ought never to sully a woman's lips." 5.5 x 8 inches. 143 pages.
Very scarce printing. Although an illustrator is mentioned on title page, there are no illustrations within, or apparent sign of removed pages. Originally published in 1895 in Chicago, this is a reprint without a stated publisher. Philadelphia PA. 1931.
Overall in GOOD condition.
- 3/4 bound in blue cloth and marbled paper.
- Considering that book shows signs of being well-read, most of the wear and aging is gracious, exhibiting the considerable care was taken with the book by past owners.
- Gilt design on cover, and faded gilt lettering on spine.
- Cover and back board are scuffed and frayed at edges, with fading in places.
- Marble has some worn edges and a deep 2" scratch on back board.
- Spine is sunned, with bumped, frayed and lightly chipped ends.
- Binding is intact with secure hinges, and also has some play with occasional gaps at gutter.
- Interior is gently toned, gradually to more at edges.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Head of text block has faded and rubbed blue ink, all edges toned with some dust.
- Book may exhibit additional signs of age and wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
Books over $250 will ship insured, which will incur additional shipping charges.