JULES OLITSKI, by Kenworth Moffett - 1981
by Kenworth Moffett
New York, NY: Harry N. Abrams, Inc., 1981
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 0810914034
- Illustrated DJ cover features a bright orange painting by the artist.
- Boards show some edgewear and shelfwear. There is some light dirt at the top and bottom spine ends. (See Photos).
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has silver text against a white background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Endpapers and feps are in very good condition.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have are a little dusty with some marks along the head edge.
- Illustrated DJ has some edgewear and shelfwear, there is a chipped corner along the bottom spine edge. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
240 pages. 10 x 12 inches.
Jules Olitski has, since 1960, been one of the world's major practitioners of abstract painting, bringing to fruition many of the pictorial ideas that the Abstract Expressionist only touched on "His style." writes Kenworth Moffett, Curator of Contemporary Art at the museum of Fine Arts in Boston, "is the interface between Pollock's nonhierarchical all-overness and the dramatically articulated structures of traditional easel painting."
An extensiver chronology details the artist's life and career, as well as critical reaction to his work since it first began to be shown in the early 1950's. There are 229 illustrations, including 74 plates in full color.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore