JOSE GUADALUPE POSADA: ILUSTRADOR DE LA VIDA MEXICANA - 1963$110.00
Jose Guadalupe Posada: Ilustrador de la Vida Mexicana
by Jose Guadalupe Posada published by El Fondo Editorial de la Plastica Mexicana
Presumed First Edition. Text in Spanish.
Mexico: El Fondo Editorial de la Plastica Mexicana, 1963.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD-- condition.
- Volume is in overall very good condition. Exception: binding is split at back.
- Red cloth covers feature gilt filigree, as well as a B&W photograph on front.
- Boards display minimal edgewear with slightly bumped corners, as well as minimal scuffing to back.
- Spine features gilt lettering and filigree, and exhibits minimal rubbing to ends, mostly towards shoulder ends.
- Binding is cracked at page 499, with text block split, and remaining pages/feps attached to red endpapers. Front hinge is still secure and free of cracks. (See photos)
- Illustrations inside show little to no wear.
- Interior shows minimal aging.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are mildly toned, and a little dusty along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
500 pages. 10.5 x 13.75 inches.
Jose Guadalupe Posada's illustrations are a real voice for his country, presenting its political and social aspects with a clarity and power that speaks even to foreigners, and rouses deep feelings in his countrymen. "José Guadalupe Posada (1852-1913) was a Mexican political printmaker and engraver whose work has influenced many Latin American artists and cartoonists because of its satirical acuteness and social engagement. He used skulls, calaveras, and bones to make political and cultural critiques. Among his famous works was La Catrina." [Wikipedia] This volume presents this remarkable artist's work in the light of a thorough biographical and historical text placing it into its context.
Lavishly illustrated with full-color and B&W reproductions of the artist's works. Includes a thorough historical and biographical text. Work divided into categories: the theater, love, misery, religion, his trademark calaveras, etc.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore