JOHNNY REB, by Marie Conway Oemler - 1929 [1st Ed]
by Marie Conway
First Edition with original illustrated dust jacket. From the jacket: "Johnny Reb is a Confederate veteran who comes back to Maryville, South Carolina, to find all his worldly goods destroyed." 433 pages. 5.25" by 7.5".
First Edition published by Century. New York, NY. 1929.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Included is the original illustrated dust jacket protected behind mylar and reinforced with archival paper.
- The dust jacket shows moderate wear to areas including chips from front lower portion, rear upper and lower portion, and the spine head and tail.
- Blue cloth boards are in excellent condition.
- Spine head and tail are pushed.
- Ffep shows small price sticker and faint partially erased writing in pencil.
- The interior is in excellent condition showing signs of gentle aging.
- Light foxing can be seen to the copyright page, continuing to page 5 with additional foxing to endpapers and pastedowns.
- There appears to be a persistent, uniform stain to the upper portion of the leafs, beginning on page 9 and continuing to page 91. Please see photos.
- The gutters show light staining in portions through the book. Please see photos.
- No writing, highlighting, underlining or other intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.