JOHNNY GOT HIS GUN, by Dalton Trumbo - 1959 [Signed 9th printing]
Johnny Got His Gun
by Dalton Trumbo
Ninth printing, signed by the author. New York: Lyle Stuart, 1959
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Boards with red paper covers show some wear at shoulders, marks, edgewear. Corners are frayed, with exposed board.
- Spine has black text and is sunned, with crushed, frayed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps have some staining, owner's marks. See photos.
- Signed by author on title page.
- Interior is gently age-toned, a 1/2" chip on page 23. See photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have a few marks along foot edge.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ has edgewear, chipped corners, closed tears along head edge, bumping along foot edge, some staining to back achips at spine ends. See photos for details.
309 pages. 5.25 x 8 inches
First published in 1939, Johnny Got His Gun was an immediate best-seller, and it retained its popularity through the years. Upon its reissue in 1959 (this, the Ninth Printing), the publishers explained their decision this way: "Because it is one of the most extraordinary books ever written. Because two decades and an atomic age later, it lives as a great American novel -- as exciting, griipping and meaningful as it was on the day it was written."
Ninth printing, Signed by author on title page.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore