JOAN MITCHELL, by Judith E. Bernstock - 1988
by Judith E. Bernstock
New York: Hudson Hills Press, 1988
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Boards are clean. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has white text with firm ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are gently age-toned.
- Illustrated DJ shows some scuffing throughout and some ripples on black. (Please see photo)
227 pages. 10.25X10.25 inches.
"Joan Mitchell is one of the most respected American artists in the world, and this first monograph on her life and work is long overdue. Mitchell began exhibiting with the Abstract Expressionists in the early 1950s and has remained a quintessential New York School painter despite the fact that she has lived in France for thirty years...An uncompromising abstractionist, Mitchell nevertheless manages to convey her deep feelings about nature and landscape in her art." (from DJ)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore