JEWISH ART, by Gabrielle Sed-Rajna - 1997
by Gabriellie Sed-Rajna
New York: Harry N. Abrams Inc., 1997
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 0810935147
- Illustrated cover features a mosaic art work from the 4th century as well as a manuscript page from a bible.
- Boards are in overall very good condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has red text against yellow background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have small markings. (See Photos).
- Illustrated DJ has some light edgewear and shelfwear. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
635 pages. 10 x 12.5 inches.
Covering nearly 4,000 years, this fascination book traces the history of Jewish art from its origins, the Temple in Jerusalem, c 2000 B.C., up through the work of the twentieth century artist Marc Chagall. This exceptionally rich journey surveys a wealth of religious art, architecture, and archaeological discoveries on five continents to vividly document the history and legacy of art in Jewish culture, while also exploring the role of Jewish art in the American and European art world at large.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore