JEWELRY FROM PERSIA: The Collection of Patti Birch - 1974
Jewelry from Persia: The Collection of Patti Birch
English. Published by: Schmuckmuseum Pforzheim. Pforzheim, Germany. 1974.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Illustrated wraps exhibit minimal signs of age and wear.
- Wraps are gently age-toned and stained (most notably to the rear), with faint scratches to the front, mild edgewear and light creases to the area of the front lower corners. Please see photos.
- Corners are gently rubbed.
- Spine is gently age-toned with mild foxing and exhibits lightly bumped ends.
- Binding is firm.
- Illustrations are unworn.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Unpaginated. 8" by 9".
Issued on the occasion of the exhibition of the Birch Collection, Schmuckmuseum Pforzheim, 1974. Features a selection of pieces from the private collection of Patti Birch, numbered and annotated, accompanied by a foreword and introductory essay.
The Birch Collection from which over 150 pieces were selected for the exhibition, Jewelry from Persia, offers an immensely rich and valuable source of visual delight. For the scholar, it is full of still unsolved questions and problems. However, for the person who wants to derive pleasure from artistic creations, it offers numerous opportunities to experience and enjoy the art of jewelry from a country where ever-changing civilizations produced beautiful things throughout the centuries.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.