JEAN PROUVE: COMPLETE WORKS, by Peter Sulzer - 1999 [2 vols]$220.00
Jean Prouve: Oeuvre Complete/Complete Works
by Peter Sulzer
Two volumes which present, in splendid imagery and fascinating text, the work of one of the greatest architects of the 20th century. The author, personally acquainted with Jean Prouve as a friend, here delivers a complete, profound account not only of the artist's stunning and innovative styles and inventions, compiling them into a catalog which accurately covers two periods of his career, but also some conversations of great interest with the artist as only one who authentically knew the architect could present. The two volumes, the first of a four-volume catalog of the architect's works, each cover a specific period in the life and career of the artist: the first volume gathers the works from 1917 to 1933, the first creative phase, while the second covers a very important, productive phase of his career. A remarkable assemblage of photographs, sketches, construction plans, as well as the conversations with the architect which provides with a valuable oral archive, this catalogue raisonne will open the world of Jean Prouve in a hitherto unequalled manner. 239 (vol 1) + 352 (vol 2) pages. 9.75 x 12 inches.
Two volumes of four. Lavishly illustrated with B&W photographs, as well as sketches, construction plans and patents. Text in French with integral English translation.
Presumed First edition. Published by: Birkhauser-Publishers for Architecture, Basel, Switzerland, 1999.
Hardbacks are overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 0817660402
- Volumes display minimal overall wear on covers and inside.
- Gray covers are in well-preserved condition showing minimal edgewear wear with scarce bumping.
- Spines feature black text and have firm ends.
- Binding is secure in both volumes.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJs are well preserved displaying some occasional smudges and light rubbing of edges.
- Volume 1 has a bump along lower edge on front and to upper corner of back.
- Volume 2 has a bump to upper corner of front, and shows slight bumping of other corners. (See photos)
- Volume 2 exhibits some edgewear along upper edge, as well as smudges on back cover, with a small tear to lower corner on front. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore