JEAN DUBUFFET: ALGEBRE DE L'HOURLOUPE [52 Cards] - c.1965$180.00
Jean du Buffet: Algebre de L'Hourloupe, 52 Figures Extrapolatoires
by Jean du Buffet
Paris: Jeanne Bucher, Paris. circa 1963-1968.
Cards are overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD box.
- Cards display minimal edgewear with occasional rubbing.
- Title and content cards are overall lightly toned.
- Box shows some edgewear with rubbing and toning along borders as well as overall toning.
- Ribbon remover has left a shadow mark along interior of back case. (See photos)
- Set may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
This cool set of cards features the work of French painter and sculptor Jean du Buffet (1901-1985) whose idealistic approach to aesthetics embraced the concept of "low art" (aka Brut Art), forsaking the traditional standards of beauty for a more authentic and human approach to art. Each card shows an abstract representation of more or less concrete objects, persons, or other elements.
Includes a card with a list of all images, with their French name translated to English. Includes box. Prints are only in blue, black, white and red.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore