JAZZ INFORMATION -1940-1 Magazine [16 Issues] Bios, Interviews, Record Reviews
Jazz Information 16 Issues
Volume II no. 1 July 26, 1940 - Volume II no. 15 March 21, 1941 + November
Published by: Jazz Information, New York City, 1940-1941.
Magazines are overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Magazines display moderate overall signs of wear and aging to covers and interior.
- Covers feature B&W text and occasional illustrations, and exhibit moderate age-toning with overall edgewear.
- No. 3 and 14 show more pronounced edgewear. Volume 3 displays notable creasing as well as some chips to corners. No. 14 has 1" x 0.5" tear to lower left corner of front, with piece of paper coming loose, as well as a 1" horizontal tear to lower right corner of back. (See photos)
- No. 2, 3, 5, 8, 10 and 15 as well as November issue display some shadows, foxing, and staining on back. (See photos)
- Staplebound. Spines show rubbing and chipping, more November issue which exhibits tears and chips all along.
- Binding is overall secure in all volumes.
- No. 1 has covers coming loose at hinges on a 5.5" length from foot. (See photos)
- Interior displays commensurate toning, and rare occasional staining.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show expected toning.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
34 pgs (no. 1) + 30 pgs (no. 2) + 26 pgs (no. 3) + 30 pgs (no. 4) + 31 pgs (no. 5) + 22 pgs (no. 6) + 23 pgs (no. 7) + 26 (no. 8) + 27 pgs (no. 9) + 26 pgs (no. 10) + 35 pgs (no. 11) + 22 pgs (no. 13) + 22 pgs (no. 14) + 30 pgs (no. 15) + 102 pgs. (November issue) 5.5 x 8.25 inches.
The Jazz Information magazine is a treasure trove for the lovers of early 20th century jazz. Containing interviews with striking jazz figures, biographies of some of the most important and interesting personalities of jazz, as well as record reviews and ads, and other articles on the world of jazz, including auctions, collectors, etc. All contemporary novelties in jazz are declared and explored.
16 issues. No. 12 is missing. Illustrated throughout with B&W photographs of jazz players, their instruments, etc. Features interviews, biographies, record reviews, ads, etc.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.