JAWS, by Peter Benchley - 1974 [1st Ed, Signed w/drawing]
by Peter Benchley
STATED FIRST EDITION and SIGNED, with drawing by the author on front endpaper. New York: Doubleday & Company, Inc., 1974.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- ISBN: 0385047711
- Volume displays moderate overall aging and wear to covers and interior.
- Black cloth covers display general fading with faint white stains on front, as well as some toning along upper edge on back.
- Boards exhibit evident edgewear, with strong scuffs along fore edge, more on edge of back board, and lower corner on front. (See photos)
- Spine features text and drawing in silver, and shows moderate wear, with some fading, rubbing along shoulders (more front) and softening to ends. Head end is frayed and chipped as well.
- Binding is overall secure.
- Signature and drawing of author on half-title page. (See photos)
- Endpapers are blue, and exhibit some fading and toning along hinges. Front endpaper shows two white stains. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned throughout, and otherwise well preserved.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- First pages show scuffing to lower corner, matching scuff on front cover, evidence of an incident in the handling of the book.
- Textblock edges display commensurate toning, with some small stains along head, a faint stain to foot, and a small dark brown stain to lower corner. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
311 pages. 5.75 x 8.5 inches.
The classic horror novel of Peter Benchley (1940-2006), American author, screenwriter and ocean activist. Benchley's book became a best-seller and inspired the Steven Spielberg movie of the same name (1975), which he co-wrote. The dramatic scenario made millions of beach-goers afraid to go in the water.
SIGNED FIRST EDITION with drawing on half-title page by author.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore