JAMES DICKSON INNES, by J. Hoole & M. Simons - 2013
James Dickson Innes 1887 - 1914
by John Hoole & Margaret Simons
Presumed First Edition. Farnham, UK: Lund Humphries (of Ashgate Publishing), 2013
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 9781848221390
- Illustrated covers feature a color painting by the artist.
- Boards show some light shelfwear
- Corners are bumped on the front and back top edges.
- Spine has white text and is part of the illustrated covers.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Frontispiece is present and clear. It is a black and white photo of James Dickson Innes by an unknown photographer.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
184 pages. 9.75 x 11.75 inches.
A catalogue raisonné of known works with 170 color reproductions, published to accompany an exhibition commemorating the centennial of his death. To capture the most comprehensive account possible, it includes an analysis of his stylistic development along with personal accounts by contemporaries, as well as touching on works by his friends and collaborators.
James Dickson Innes (1887-1914) was a British painter, mainly of mountain landscapes but occasionally of figure subjects. He worked in both oils and watercolors. Best known for his Welsh landscapes, Innes was unusual for a British artist of that time, because of his bold painting style, more attuned to the French post-impressionists. It has been argued his unusual style led the way for British artists such as David Hockney. This book spans his lifetime.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore