JAMALI: MYSTICAL EXPRESSIONISM, DREAMS & WORKS - 2003 [2 Vols]
Jamali: Mystical Expressionism / Dreams and Works
Essays by Donald Kuspit
Introduction by Philip E. Bishop
Two Volumes. Italy: Rizzoli International Publications, Inc. in association with Art & Peace, Inc., 2003.
Hardbacks are overall in NEAR FINE condition with VERY GOOD+ DJs and a VERY GOOD slipcase.
- ISBN: 0974460907
- Volumes feature great DJs with photograph on front as well as a slipcase, illustrated on front with B&W photograph, and black cloth boards with silver lettering on spine.
- Volume 1: front shoulder shows a small bump. (See photos)
- Spines show a little dust to foot.
- Binding is secure in both volumes.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display minimal occasional smudges and dust.
- DJs show gentle sunning to spines. (See photos)
- Slipcase exhibits some overall rubbing with some scuffs to fore edge, as well as some white marks on foot edge. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
371 pgs (vol 1) + 189 pgs (vol 2). 12 x 12 inches. (square)
Two volumes feature great DJs with photograph on front, and are bound in black cloth with silver lettering on spines. Set also features slipcase with photograph on front.
Jamali's art is unique in the sense that his dreams are the incentives of every artwork he produces. This remarkable monograph explores the creative process of that unlikely painter who brings his dreams to reality through a distinctive ritual of painting and dancing. Mixing paint with natural materials such as dirt, twigs and leaves, Jamali creates a form of art that has been called "new postmodernism", which gives a spiritual and mystical scope to art, making it a messenger of dreams.
Jamali (b.1944) is an American avant-garde artist whose work has been termed Mystical Expressionism by art critic and historian Donald Kuspit.
Two Volumes. Both volumes are lavishly illustrated with full-color reproductions of the artist's works. The catalog is complete with essays by Donald Kuspit and an introduction by Philip E. Bishop.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore