ITALIAN GARDENSS OF THE RENAISSANCE, by J. C. Shepherd & G. A. Jellicoe - 1993
Italian Gardens of the Renaissance
by J. C. Shepherd & G. A. Jellicoe
New York: Princeton Architectural Press, 1993
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Facsimile of 1925 edition
- Boards show some edgewear. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gold text with firm ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are lightly foxed.
- DJ has some edgewear and is sunned, mostly at spine. (Please see photos)
92 pages. 9.25X12.25 inches.
"Originally written in 1925, this work is now published in a special edition intended to reach students and the wider market. It is illustrated with 26 surveys of key Renaissance gardens by such famous architects as Michelozzi, Bramante, Vignola and Scamozzi, and Palladio. The text includes a preliminary section on the design principles involved. It is intended to aid understanding of this key period in garden design." (Google Books)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore