INVISIBLE MAN, by Ralph Ellison - 1980 [Signed Ltd Ed]
by Ralph Ellisonillustrated by Will Harmuth
A handsome edition of Ellison's revealing novel about an African-American man who is invisible because of his skin color. Inspiring and entertainingly narrated, this story of struggle against inequity and racism in a segregating society gives food for thought. Elegantly bound and beautifully illustrated by Will Harmuth, this volume is a wonderful adding to any collector's library. 454 pages. 6.5 x 9.5 inches.
Signed Limited Edition. Message to readers from the author at beginning of volume. Illustrated in black & white by Will Harmuth. Handsome binding with colorful pastedowns.
Published by: The Franklin Library, Pennsylvania, 1980.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- Volume is in near fine condition with minimal aging and wear.
- Red covers display handsome bright gilt decorations.
- Boards are clean and well-preserved with bright gilt filigree.
- Corners are sharp and edges are firm.
- Spine has text and filigree in bright gilt and has raised bands.
- Spine ends are firm.
- Binding is tight and strong and feels unread.
- Red silk voile endpapers feature bright decoration which is minimally faded along edges.
- Signature of author on ffep, protected with loose tissue guard. (See photos)
- Includes red publisher's ribbon bookmark.
- Interior is clean and minimally toned, free of any obvious or intentional marks.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have bright gilt and show minimal scuffing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore