INVENTIVE PARIS CLOTHES 1909-1939, by Irving Penn; Diana Vreeland - 1977 [1st Ed]
Inventive Paris Clothes 1909-1939
by Irving Penn & Diana Vreeland
Inspired by the exhibit organized by Diana Vreeland for the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Irving Penn's masterly picture essay captures the flavor of the times as well as literal details of design. Because of her participation in, and astute observation of, the scene in which these fashions were born, Diana Vreeland in her text is able to provide a unique glimpse into the lives of each of the couturiers, and her captions to Penn's sensitive photographs are rich in detail. Opens with a foreword by Irving Penn and features high quality photographic reproductions with accompanying text by fashion journalist Diana Vreeland. 95 pages. 10.5" by 10.5".
First Edition published by The Viking Press. New York, NY. 1977.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 670-40067-x
- Beige cloth covers remain free of major signs of age or wear, exhibiting only minor toning to the top edge.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine, featuring black lettering, remains square and firm exhibiting minor creases and darkening to a small portion of the head.
- Binding is firm.
- Endpages are milly soiled with the ffep bearing an ex libris plate.
- Interior exhibits very faint age-toning along the edges though remains free of major signs of age or wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ exhibits mild edgewear in addition to minor soiling and scuffing, primarily to the back.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore