IN THE KITCHEN WITH LOVE, by Sofia Loren - 1972 [1st U.S. ed., DJ]
In the Kitchen with Love
by Sofia Loren
First U.S. edition. Garden City, NY: Doubleday & Company, Inc., 1972
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Red and white cloth covers are mostly clean, with inked title on spine.
- Boards show some sunning to head edge, a ding to rear foot edge, some edgewear. Corners are scuffed. See photos.
- Spine has red text and is a little darkened, with crushed ends.
- Binding is strong.
- Green end papers/ pastedowns, completing the Italian flag color scheme, show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Illustrations, color photographs, are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have stippled edges at foot, are a little age toned.
- Illustrated DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ has some edgewear, chipped corners, chips at spine ends, bumping along head edge, bumping, closed tears and chipping along foot edge, some staining to back. See photos.
250 pages. 6 x 9.25 inches
A "gastronomic autobiography" from Sofia Loren (b. 1934), written as she was confined to bed rest while expecting her son. Part memoir, part guide to the foods she loves to eat and to prepare for others. With blocks of color photographs by Secchiaroli and Soldati.
First published in Italian by Rizzoli, this is the First U.S. edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore