IN SEARCH OF NAMPEYO, Steve Elmore- 2015
In Search of Nampeyo: The Early Years 1875-1892
An art history book of the Thomas Keam Hopi Pottery Collection
by Steve Elmore
One of 2,000 printed in softcover. From the DJ: "'The Picasso of the Southwest,' one collector calls Nampeyo (1856-1942), the great Hopi potter who created the Sikyatki Revival art movement in the late 19th century in Northern Arizona. This book examines Nampeyo's roots as a traditional potter and her early artistic development as seen in the collection of the British trader Thomas Keam." Includes over 150 photographs and illustrations. 217 pages. 8.5" by 11".
Published by Spirit Bird Press. Santa Fe, New Mexico. 2015.
Paperback is overall in FINE condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 9780986285424
- Illustrated wraps are in excellent condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine is square with lettering and design detail.
- Binding is tight.
- Frontispiece is clean and fully intact.
- Interior is clean and bright with vibrant type and illustrations.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ is in VERY GOOD condition with edgewear, most prominent along front top, and including tears at head of spine/shoulders. Also, has a 1"x1/4" scrape/scuff to front of DJ at foot edge. Please see photos.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore