HOW TO TAKE AND FAKE PHOTOGRAPHS, by Clive Holland - 1901
How to Take and Fake Photographs
by Clive Holland
Fifth Edition, New and Revised. London: C. Arthur Pearson Ltd., 1901.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Volume displays gentle aging and wear and has one detached illustration page.
- Blue covers feature black text and line illustration and display overall rubbing and edgewear.
- Edges and corners are frayed, with cloth peeling off head corner on front. (See photos)
- Spine shows light sunning and notable creasing, with fraying to ends. (See photos)
- Binding is fragile. Gutter occasionally shows some gaps and one illustration page is loose inside. (See photos)
- Illustrations are well-preserved. Some damp staining is visible in margins on illustration facing page 106. (See photos)
- Interior shows gentle age-toning throughout.
- One page inside shows some dog-earing to corner and a pencil mark in margin. (See photos)
- Textblock edges display commensurate toning and some scuffing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
125 pages. 4.75 x 7.25 inches.
"Dating from the time when Kodak introduced the first 120 film format, this is a guide to taking photographs of any landscapes, people, animals, and making them look great... It provides the reader with a comprehensive guide through all the steps of photography." It covers cameras and the photographic process up through the turn of the 20th century.
Topics covered include: the dark room; cameras, plates and films; selecting subjects; exposure; development and treatment of negatives; printing processes; squeegeeing, trimming, mounting and framing; for competition and exhibition; decorative uses, and more.
Fourteen illustrations. Includes a fully illustrated frontis with two B&W photographs. Includes pages of ads for other guidebooks.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore