HOW TO PAINT SIGNS AND SHOW CARDS, by E. C. Matthews - 1940
How to Paint Signs and Show Cards
by E.C. Matthews
revised and enlarged by Phillip Albaum
New York City: Illustrated Editions Company, Inc., 1940
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Boards/wraps show some notable scuffing as well as shelfwear and edgewear (See Photos).
- Corners show signs of bumping and shelfwear. (See Photos).
- Spine has gilt block letter text against a blue background.
- Binding is tight and has a little play.
- Endpapers and feps have some notable foxing and staining as well as 3 owner's marks. (See Photos).
- Illustrations are bright and clear with scattered foxing and marginal age-toning.
- Interior is gently age-toned and exhibits minimal signs of age and wear with scattered moderate foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages have towards the end of the book near the end feps show signs of notable blue staining from the text block edges. (See Photos.)
- Text block edges are blue in color and are slightly dusty.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
267 pages. 7" x 10" inches.
Since the book "How to Paint Signs and Show Cards" was first issued great strides have been taken in improving sign painting methods, especially in gilding on glass and in silk stencil process work. These alone would be sufficient excuse for this revised and enlarged edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore