HOUSEBOAT DAYS, by John Ashbery - 1977 [Signed 1st Ed]
Houseboat Days: Poems
by John Ashbery
FIRST EDITION, SIGNED by the author. New York: The Viking Press, 1977.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 0670380350
- Volume is overall in Very Good+ condition displaying minimal wear.
- Quarter-bound in fuschia cloth.
- Boards are in gray paper and show some minor fading along edges.
- Back board has some barely perceptible white staining on two areas.
- Spine features silver and black text, and exhibits minimal bumping and rubbing to ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Title page features signature of author under title. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display some foxing and dust along head, and are otherwise minimally toned.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ displays minimal overall toning, as well as minor edgewear.
- DJ is not price-clipped.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
88 pages. 5.75 x 8 inches.
The winner of every major American Award for his poems, John Ashbery (1927-2017) was born in Rochester, NJ. His first ambition was to become a painter, but he went on to be one of the most appreciated American poets of his time, with a vocabulary that has been called the largest and most diverse among his countrymen.
SIGNED FIRST EDITION. DJ includes some biographical information.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore