HORROR OF ABBOT'S GRANGE, by Frederick Cowles - 1936 [1st Ed]$2,300.00
The Horror of Abbot's Grange
by Frederick Cowles
Frederick Ignatius Cowles (1900-1948) was one of the early writers of horror genre, whose popularity and published works grew post-humously, along with the popularity of the horror genre. Writing was something he did in his spare time, including 61 published ghost stories. This book is the first collection of ghost stories. 255 pages. 5.25 x 7.5 inches.
DJ is a professionally produced custom facsimile reproduction of the original.
Publishing Info: Frederick Muller Ltd., London. 1936.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition, with a Fine FACSIMILIE DJ.
- Binding is secure.
- Covers are overall in decent shape.
- Interior is free of marginalia and underlining.
- DJ is a new and pristine, custom-made facsimile printing, that is wrapped with Mylar and backed with archival paper.
- Spine is sunned, with soft spine ends. Green ink remains clear.
- Linen over boards has some dirt, and perimeters are faded with some rubbing.
- Covers have bumped corners and are rubbed with exposed board.
- Inside pages are tanned, with darker margins and scattered foxing.
- Front pastedown has owner's library plate.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore