HOLLIN HILLS: COMMUNITY OF VISION - 2000
Hollin Hills: Community of Vision
a semicentennial history 1949-1999
Published by: the Civic Association of Hollin Hills, Alexandria, VA, 2000. Illustrated with numerous photographs, some of which are in full color, as well as construction plans. Includes a bibliography and a list of Hollin Hills awards, as well as a detailed historical text. 184 pages. 10.25 x 8.75 inches.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with a VERY GOOD++ DJ.
- Volume displays minimal wear to covers and interior.
- Blue cloth covers exhibit little to no edgewear.
- Spine features text in gilt with minimal softening to foot.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior is well-preserved showing minimal edge toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ is in great condition displaying minimal edgewear, with two small 1/8th" tears near lower corners of front and back, as well as a crease small crease along upper edge of back. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
The community of Hollin Hills, since its creation fifty years earlier, sets an example for all American communities to follow, not only as a flourishing and beautiful neighborhood, but also, and mostly, because of its respect for nature, for civic laws, and its concern for the welfare of its inhabitants. If Hollin Hills is charming in its natural setting and the general atmosphere of peace which characterizes it, it is not only for the beauty of its landscapes and its elegant, modern buildings: it is first and foremost for this respect of natural habitat and ecosystem, which has made it for fifty years a blossoming community, the history of which is at once fascinating and instructive. This book tells it in detail, with all the interesting anecdotes and key events in its making, the reasons for its starting great and staying great.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore