HISTORY & TOPOGRAPHY OF CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES, by Rupp - 1847 [1st Ed]$125.00
History and Topography of Northumberland, Huntington, Mifflin, Centre, Union, Columbia, Juniata and Clinton Counties, PA.
by I.D. Rupp
Title continues: Embracing Local and General Events, Leading Incidents, Descriptions of the Principal Boroughs, Towns, Villages, Etc. Etc..
Published by: G. Hills. Lancaster, PA. 1847. First Edition. 564 pages. 6" by 8.5"
Compiled from authentic sources by I.D. Rupp and accompanied by engravings, charts, a list of subscribers by county and a detailed appendix.
Hardback is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Leather covers show commensurate signs of aging and wear.
- Full leatherbound.
- Boards exhibit dry, brittle leather with cracks and flakes to the perimeter where portions of the boards are exposed, primarily to the rear; front board is loosened and separated along the majority of the mid to lower portion of the hinge. Please see photos.
- Corners are heavily rubbed with portions of the boards exposed and missing.
- Spine is rubbed with wear to the finish and exhibits cracks to the ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers and feps are age-toned with heavy foxing.
- Front pastedown bears writing in pencil.
- Ffep bears faint, partially erased calligraphy in pencil.
- Title page bears stamp of historical society, underlining and two letters written in pencil while the reverse side bears writing (catalogue numbers) in pencil.
- Illustrations are gently age-toned with mild foxing though overall remain unworn.
- Interior is age-toned with mild foxing
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are darkened.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Includes organization of the county, geological features, statistics from public documents, towns, boroughs, villages, biographical information, population statistics, a brief sketch of the aborigines who once inhabited the region of country with the several counties named, notices of settlements, Indian massacres, and other facts related to the early history of this region of Pennsylvania.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.