HISTORY OF THE ELEVENTH NEW JERSEY VOLUNTEERS, by Thos D. Marbaker - 1898 [1st Ed]
History of the Eleventh New Jersey Volunteers, from Its Organization to Appomattox; to which is added Experiences of Prison Life and Sketches of Individual Members
by Thos D. Marbaker
FIRST EDITION. Trenton, NJ: MacCrellish & Quigley, Book and Job Printers, 1898.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Antiquarian binding features red buckram covers with blind-tooled filigree, as well as rounded spine with gilt.
- Volume displays gentle commensurate wear and aging with well-preserved interior.
- Covers exhibit significant overall rubbing with some scuffing, as well as edgewear with light chipping to head corners.
- Spine displays strong sunning and rubbing, with softened ends, as well as two 1.75" stains along front shoulder. (See photos)
- Binding is secure throughout. Hinges have been professionally reinforced. (See photos)
- Front fep shows a previous ownership mark in pencil. (See photos)
- Frontispiece is protected behind tissue guard, and exhibits gentle age-toning, with some minor damp staining along head edge of page, 3.5" in length and going less than 1/4 inch into page, persistent from front fep. (See photos)
- Illustrations display gentle age-toning throughout, and are well preserved.
- Interior is gently age-toned throughout, and is remarkably well preserved.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display commensurate toning with occasional tiny stains.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
364 pages. 6.25 x 9 inches.
Antiquarian binding features burgundy buckram covers with blind-tooled filigree, and rounded spine with gilt, as well as elegant design on endpapers.
Book features B&W portraits from wartime photographs, including frontispiece.
Includes a preface, a table of contents, a list of illustrations and an end section of biographical sketches.
This volume is a description of one of the American Army's Infantry Regiments, and a unique account of their adventures as soldiers and as prisoners. An entire section of the account relates the experience of the regiment members as prisoners, while the whole narrative allows a fascinating insight into some of the key events of the Civil War. Battle by battle, conflict after conflict, the steps of that war are recounted in detail including the precise dates, and officers involved in each conflict. Accurate and vivid, Marbaker's work constitutes a realistic, honest account of one of the United States' great battles.
The 11th New Jersey Volunteers was a regiment of infantry from New Jersey that served for the Union Army during the American Civil War.
EDITION POINTS: First Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore