HISTORY OF THE AMERICAN WAR OF 1812 - 1816 [1st Ed]$425.00
History of the American War, of Eighteen Hundred and Twelve, from the Commencement until the Final Termination thereof, on the Memorable Eighth of January, 1815, at New Orleans
embellished with a striking Likeness of General Pike, and Six other Engravings
FIRST EDITION. Philadelphia, PA: Wm M'Carty, 1816.
Hardback is overall in GOOD- condition.
- Antiquarian leather binding features gilt on spine.
- Covers display commensurate aging and wear with overall rubbing.
- Boards exhibit some general scuffing, as well as edgewear with boards exposed at corners and some areas of foot edges.
- Spine displays overall wear and some cracking, with notable chipping at both ends: 0.5" from foot and 0.25" from head.
- Binding is fragile, with detached back cover.
- Front endpaper shows crossed-out names as well as a dedication in pen, and a number in blue pencil on pastedown. (See photos)
- All plates present. No map or evidence of a map having been removed.
- Illustrations display severe toning and foxing throughout. (See photos)
- Interior shows pronounced age-toning with strong scattered foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display commensurate toning and foxing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
252 pages. 4.5 x 7.5 inches.
This is a complete history of this significant American War of the 19th century. Event by event, battle by battle, the detailed record goes through every step of land and sea operations, narrating with clarity and precision the defeats and victories, without omitting the great heroes behind the outcome of each of the conflicts that made up the war of 1812. One will find in a detailed yet easy-to-read recounting, including the precise names of leading generals and their divisions, of the participants in each step of the conflict, and will gain a knowledge that is as much general as detailed of the war of 1812.
The War of 1812 was a conflict fought between the United States and the United Kingdom, and their respective allies, from June 1812 to February 1815. Involving land and sea battles, it was ended by the victory at New Orleans.
Features seven engravings, among which a likeness of General Pike.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore