HISTORY OF MORRIS COUNTY, NJ (1739-1882) - 1882
1739: History of Morris County, New Jersey
with illustrations and biographical sketches of prominent citizens and pioneers
A magnificent illustrated history of one of the wealthiest counties in New Jersey. Beginning in 1739 when Native Americans still populated the land until the year of its publication in 1882, this volume covers a time of rich changes and development. It tracks the history of the county with the documentation of its authors: twelve local people who are each recognized authorities of this area and the county's history. Covering key subjects from the formation of the county and the creation of townships, to the wars, transportation, religion, and geography of the county, the book is divided in different sections focusing on the local histories of each township, as they were. This makes it a treasure of information for historians, genealogists, educators, students, churchmen, patriotic and military societies, and others. In addition, the art lover will find a treasure trove of splendid illustrations, showing landscapes, buildings and portraits of key figures in the county's history. A gem not to be missed by history buffs and art lovers. 397 pages. 8.75 x 11.25 inches.
Facsimile reproduction of second reprinting of original volume. Filled with magnificent illustrations, among which are 26 portraits and 47 illustrations of public buildings, homes, and churches. Includes 95 biographical sketches of prominent citizens and pioneers, as well as 10 pages of index with 3000 names. Includes a colored map.
Published by: W. W. Munsell & Co., New York, NY, 1882.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- Volume displays minor wear and aging on covers and a well-preserved interior, with a gently aged DJ.
- Red cloth covers feature text and lines in gilt on front, and display minimal overall fading.
- Spine features text, lines and filigree in gilt, and exhibits some overall rubbing as well as softening of ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior is well-preserved with minimal toning and occasional edgewear to pages.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Some pages display small corners creases and tears. (See photos)
- Text block edges are a little dusty, and show occasional smudges and scuffs.
- DJ is well-preserved, overall in less good condition than volume itself, with mild overall edgewear from rubbing, creasing and closed tears, and scattered smudges as well as some darkening.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore