HISTORY OF FRENCHTOWN, by Clarence Fargo - 1933 [1st Ed]
History of Frenchtown
by Clarence B. Fargo
Title continues: "with Interesting Sidelights on Surrounding Communities"
New York: Clarence B. Fargo, 1933.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Brown buckram over boards features bright gilt on front and spine, and is wrapped in original plain brown DJ.
- Volume shows minimal overall wear and is in well-preserved condition.
- Boards show minimal edgewear from rubbing.
- Edges are firm and corners are sharp.
- Spine features text in bright gilt.
- Spine ends are firm and minimally rubbed.
- Binding is secure.
- Illustration plates are on glossy paper, and exhibit mild toning.
- Pastedowns and facing endpapers display an offset shadow from returns of original DJ.
- Interior displays gentle toning throughout, and occasional, scarce edgewear to pages from rubbing and minimal tearing. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges show mild toning, as well as light staining and foxing, with visible edgewear on last pages. (See photos)
- Original plain brown paper DJ displays overall edgewear from creasing - upper right corner of front - and some open tears mostly along upper edges and at head of spine, and is otherwise in nice condition. (See photos)
220 pages. 5.25 x 7.5 inches.
Illustrated with B&W photographs of the Delaware River city in NJ. Includes many historical details on the town and surrounding communities, as well as personal sketches on key historical figures. Table of contents, list of illustrations and foreword at beginning of volume. Index at end of volume.
A handsome volume dedicated by the author to his father, Frank B. Fargo. The accurately written history of this NJ town is illustrated with authentic B&W photographs, and includes interesting sidelights on surrounding communities, such as Baptistown, Pittstown, Smithtown and more. Fargo covers many important details and anecdotes like business enterprises, public utilities, and personal sketches of some key local figures like the Fargo family (including William Fargo - the co-founder with Henry Wells, of Wells Fargo), Thomas Lowrey, Judge Prevost, Joseph Kugler, and Dr Edmund Porter.
EDITION POINTS: First Edition
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.