HISTORY OF BUCKS COUNTY PENNSYLVANIA, by William W. H. Davis - 1975 [3 Vols]
History of Bucks County, Pennsylvania; From the Discovery of the Delaware to the Present Time
by William W. H. Davis
The beginnings of Pennsylvania and the Bucks County region go back to as far as the discovery of the Delaware at the start of the 17th century when the first settlements were made by English immigrants. This exceptionally comprehensive and detailed history covers nearly three centuries from the time of the arrival of the very first English immigrants in the region, to the twilight of the nineteenth century. Complete with maps, references, biographies, illustrations and appendixes, this remarkably thorough work will be an ever useful reference to historical studies. 482 (vol 1) + 98 (vol 2) + 732 (vol 3) pages. 6.25 x 9.25 inches.
Three volumes. Second Edition Revised and Enlarged. Illustrated. Maps and an appendix.
Published by: A. E. Lear, Inc. Publishers, Pipersville, Pennsylvania, 1975.
Hardbacks are overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 0915982013
- Color covers are in pristine condition with minimal rubbing and fading.
- Front covers exhibit signature of the author in bright silver near lower edge.
- Boards show very minimal rubbing to corners and very minimal toning at edges.
- Corners are sharp and edges are firm.
- Spines have title, author and publisher names, and number of volume in bright silver and show some minor toning.
- Spine ends are very slightly softened and show some minor rubbing mostly at ends on shoulders. (See photos)
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Pastedowns are in great condition showing little to no signs of wear.
- Interior is in pristine condition with very minimal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges display minimal toning with darkening at foot corners. (See photos)
- Vol 2: upper right corner of front cover is mildly bumped, and lower part of fore edge of textblock shows some light and small stains. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore