HENRY SCOTT TUKE: UNDER CANVAS, by David Wainwright; Catherine Dinn - 1991$60.00
Henry Scott Tuke (1858 - 1929) Under Canvas
by David Wainwright & Catherine Dinn
Carshalton, Surrey: Sarema Press, 1991.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 1870758021
- Illustrated DJ covers features two paintings one called "The Run Home" and the other "Berthe Tresidder."
- Boards have some light shelfwear and edgewear. (See Photos).
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has silver text against a gray background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Endpapers and feps have some light dirt and staining. (See Photos).
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have foxing along the head. (See Photos).
- DJ looks great and is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals light edgewear and shelfwear with tiny tears. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
160 pages. 10 x 12 inches.
Henry Scott Tuke (1858-1929) was an English visual artist who was primarily a painter, but also a photographer. His most notable work was in the impressionist style, and he is probably best known for his paintings of nude boys and young men. After his death, Tuke's reputation faded, and he was largely forgotten until the 1970s, when he was rediscovered by the first generation of openly gay artists and art collectors. He has since become something of a cult figure in gay cultural circles, with lavish editions of his paintings published and his works fetching high prices at auctions.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore