HELL IN GEORGIA, by Sasha Small - 1935$195.00
Hell in Georgia
by Sasha Small
Published by: International Labor Defense, New York City, 1935.
Pamphlet is overall in GOOD condition.
- Pamphlet displays overall aging and wear with toning and some cracking of pages.
- Front features B&W illustration and text, and displays overall creasing, edgewear, and toning.
- Staples or binding thread are gone, if ever any, leaving holes and cracking with pronounced toning on areas where staples or thread held pages together. (See photos)
- Binding is loosening due to absence of thread or staples.
- Interior is mildly toned with pages showing overall edgewear with corner creasing and occasional edge tears. (See photos)
- Small pencil writing at head of back cover.
- All along gutter holes and cracking are seen on areas where staples or thread held pages together. (See photos)
- Cardboard plate supports pamphlet in back, and is clean.
- Cellophane pocket is intact.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
14 pages. 5.25 x 7.5 inches.
The case of Angelo Herndon--arrested, imprisoned and sentenced to hard labor for organizing a peaceful protest in 1933, on the accusation inciting insurrection and the possession of communist literature. Following so close to the Scottsboro case, this was another circumstance of the legal system abusing its power to enforce racism.
As such, it stirred considerable protest and emotion amidst African American as well as white workers in Southern US. The case went through appeals until he was eventually released. This is an appeal by the ILD for support of their cause.
Last page is an appeal to workers to join and support the International Labor Defense.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore