HELEN FRANKENTHALER: A PAINTINGS RETROSPECTIVE, by E.A. Carmean Jr. - 1989
Helen Frankenthaler: A Paintings Retrospective
by E.A. Carmean Jr.
New York, NY: Harry N. Abrams, Inc., 1989
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated color cover features two paintings by the artist entitled " For E. M." from 1981 and "Las Mayas" from 1958.
- Boards are in overall very good condition.
- Boards show foxing around the edges near the head and foot. (See Photos).
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has cream text against a white background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Endpapers and feps have some marginal age toning.
- Illustrations present and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear, marginal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have show foxing at the head edge. (See Photos).
- Illustrated DJ has some light edgewear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
113 pages. 10 x 10 inches.
Helen Frankenthaler was an American abstract expressionist painter. She was a major contributor to the history of postwar American painting. Having exhibited her work for over six decades, she spanned several generations of abstract painters while continuing to produce vital and ever-changing new work. Frankenthaler began exhibiting her large-scale abstract expressionist paintings in contemporary museums and galleries in the early 1950s. She was included in the 1964 Post-Painterly Abstraction exhibition curated by Clement Greenberg that introduced a newer generation of abstract painting that came to be known as Color Field.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore