HAUTE COUTURE: TRADESMAN'S ENTRANCE, by Olivier Seguret - 1990$95.00
Haute Couture: Tradesmen's Entrance
by Olivier Seguret
photographs by Keiichi Tahara
Paris, France: Editions Assouline, Maeght Editeur, 1990
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 29082288017
- Photographic covers feature a picture of dress forms by Keiichi Tahara.
- Brown boards are in overall very good condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has brown imprinted text against a brown spine.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Endpapers and feps are aged toned.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Top head text block edges have markings on the left side. (See Photos).
- Illustrated DJ has some light edgewear and shelfwear. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
213 pages. 10 x 13 inches.
French haute couture has produced more than just an extraordinary art of fashion and clothing. It was also produced unparalleled craftsmanship in the tiny professional trades supplying work of every ilk. From embroidery to lacemaking, from costume jewellery to haberdashery, the weaver, the hatmaker, the plumassier, the pleater or the creator of "nacre" have generations been the silent portrait of the history of couture and fashion. This book has turned the spotlight onto the army of men and women working in the shadows.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore