HAND FORGING AND WROUGHT-IRON ORNAMENTAL WORK, by T. Googerty - 1911
Hand Forging and Wrought-Iron Ornamental Work
by Thomas F. Googerty
A valuable reference guide to the knowledge and technique of hand forging and ornamental work in wrought-iron. Googerty's work is abundantly illustrated with clear, precise and helpful photographs and drawings, made by himself, to complete his written instructions. Elaborately detailed, the guide will allow the professional as the beginner to realize any work with this material, following step-by-step instructions always illustrated by the drawings, while the photographs most often show the results to be expected. The drawings are captioned and numbered for ease of comprehension and to ensure the beginner can get a clear overview of the order of realization of the procedures, as well as the names of each element of the construction, in a clear and easily understandable language. This will be found to be an excellent didactic work in the field of forging and ornamenting in wrought-iron. 197 pages. 5.5 x 8.25 inches.
With numerous illustrations from photographs and drawings by the author. Captions and numbers for better comprehension of the illustrations. Table of contents and list of illustrations included at beginning of volume. Alphabetical index included at end of volume.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: Popular Mechanics Company, Publishers, Chicago, 1911.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume is in overall very good+ condition with minimal wear to covers and minor inside.
- Green buckram covers feature text and decorative design in gilt on front.
- Boards are minimally worn with barely perceptible rubbing to corners.
- Spine features text and lines in gilt and displays some bumping of ends.
- Binding is secure with a little play.
- Red ink stamp for "The Painters Magazine" from previous owner on pages 47 and 155 inside and on textblock edges, as well as back pastedown and front endpaper facing pastedown. (See photos)
- Illustrations are in well-preserved condition, showing toning even with that of text pages.
- Interior exhibits gentle age-toning that slightly increases near edges.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are toned and foxed, a little dusty along head which displays discreet gilt, and exhibit red ex-library stamp. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore