H.R. Giger's Necronomicon - 1999$230.00
H.R. Giger's Necronomicon
Introduction by Clive Barker
Beverly Hills, CA: Morpheus International, 1999.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 0962344729
- Volume features fully illustrated black DJ, as well as black covers with silver lettering on front and spine.
- Covers display minimal overall wear, with minimal bumping along edges.
- Binding is secure.
- Front endpaper displays scribbles and writing in black scattered overall. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ displays gentle overall edge and shelfwear, with head and foot edges lightly curved up, light bumps to head corners with two 2mm scuffs to front corner, and faint ripple to front cover.
- DJ has a 0.5" tear going into spine from head. Text remains unaffected by tear. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
83 pages. 12.25 x 16.75 inches.
This amazing collection of illustrations uncover Giger's fantastic world, a world in which malevolent creatures and dark magic hold sway. A sinister blend of science and fantasy, the somber scenes depicted are always intriguing: what scientific experiments or magical rites and ceremonies are here unveiled? Paired with the comments of the artist, page by page, this strange monograph is an entrance to a world full of mystery and dark power, where the magic associated with a terrifying science fiction finds a blood-curdling visual expression.
Lavishly illustrated throughout with the artist's airbrush images. includes an introduction by Clive Barker and text by the artist. Includes an appendix with: list of solo exhibitions; group exhibitions; works on permanent display; work in films, television and theater; prizes and awards; original prints issued as portfolios; special projects; books by and about Giger, etc.
Hans Ruedi Giger (1940-2014) was a Swiss painter. Mostly known for his intriguing images linking human beings with machines in a cold bio-mechanical relationship, he was part of the team that won an Award for the special effects created in the film Alien. His work is on permanent display at the H.R. Giger Museum at Gruyeres, and his style has been adapted to several forms of medias including record album covers, furniture, and tattoos.
Clive Barker (b.1952) is an English writer, film director, and visual artist, best known for known for three of his novels made into film: Hellraiser, Nightbreed and Candyman.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore