GUIDO CAGNACCI, by Pier Giorgio Pasini - 1986
Guido Cagnacci: Pittore (1601-1663)
by Pier Giorgio Pasini
FIRST EDITION. Text is in Italian with English translation and title page. Rimini: Luise Editore, 1986.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- Volume features DJ with full-color reproduction of painting on front, as well as garnet cloth covers with gilt on front and spine.
- Book displays minimal overall aging and wear.
- Boards exhibit minimal bumping to corners.
- Spine is vibrant with bright gilt text.
- Binding is secure with a little play.
- Illustration plates are vibrant and well preserved.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are a little dusty along head, and show minor toning.
- DJ shows gentle overall toning as well as minor edgewear, more to head of spine and head edge of front. (See photos)
335 pages. 9.25 x 12.5 inches.
Book features DJ with full-color reproduction of painting on front, and garnet cloth covers with gilt on front and spine.
Volume is lavishly illustrated with full-color and B&W reproductions of paintings and details. Book has Italian text with English translation.
This magnificent volume on Cagnacci's works features reproductions of some of the most beautiful paintings and details from paintings, by the Italian artist. Paired with a biographical text and erudite essays that accurately describe and analyze the works presented, it is a priceless addition to any art collector's library. While putting together all existing information on the artist and his work, it presents us with a splendid collection of his deeply devotional paintings, showing breathtaking skill and heavenly inspiration throughout.
Guido Cagnacci (1601-1663) was an Italian painter associated with the Baroque period. His works make noted use of the chiaroscuro and often feature sensual subjects. He was influenced by the masters of the Bolognese school.
EDITION POINTS: First Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore