GRAPEFRUIT, by Yoko Ono - 1970 [Signed 1st Ed]$925.00
by Yoko Ono
introductory Drawings by John Lennon
FIRST EDITION IN ENGLISH. Signed by Ono on title page. London: Peter Owen Limited, 1970.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD DJ.
- Beautiful red covers feature gilt lettering on spine and are protected behind B&W illustrated DJ.
- Volume displays minimal overall wear to covers and interior, with minor wear to DJ.
- Brick red cloth boards have bright gilt on spine and minimal evidence of shelfwear at perimeters.
- Binding is secure and tight.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks, and are overall white and bright.
- Textblock edges are bright with just a couple light marks
- DJ features B&W photo of Ono on front and back with overall light scuffing and soiling, with more scuffing to foot edge, and 1/4" damage to foot of spine.
288 pages. 5.5 X 5.5 inches
Grapefruit is a pioneering example of conceptual art, before the style was taken up by well-known artists. Written as an artist's book, the volume is a series of "event scores" - a kind of performance art differentiated from the "happening" by its limited duration and its simplicity - with instructions given the reader to perform. By David Bourdon, it is considered "a monument of conceptual art from the 1960s."
Yoko Ono (b. 1933) is a Japanese artist, author and peace activist. The widow of John Lennon, she is an experimental and avant-gardist artist.
Cover and chapter 1 conclusion; "Burn this book after you read it."
Features an intro by John Lennon.
EDITION POINTS: first edition in the English language. First Hardback Edition, originally published in Japan.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore