GORDON BUNSHAFT, by Carol Herselle Krinsky - 1988
Gordon Bunshaft of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
by Carol Herselle Krinsky
New York: The Achitectural History Foundation, 1988.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- Volume features great DJ with beige design on white background, and white cloth covers with black text on spine.
- Book displays minimal overall aging and wear.
- Covers show some darkening along foot edges.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior exhibits minimal edge toning and minimal wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Bookseller sticker on back pastedown.
- DJ displays minor toning. Spine is gently sunned.
- DJ shows some edgewear with gentle creasing to foot edge of front, and head of spine.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
357 pages. 10.75 x 10.75 inches. (square)
Book features great beige and white DJ, as well as white cloth covers with black text on spine.
Volume is lavishly illustrated with B&W photographs and architectural plans, as well as some full-color photographs. Includes an Introduction and a detailed history.
This is a complete study of the works of the great American architect. Constantly devoted to modernism, Bunshaft largely contributed to a renewal in modern American architecture, and his works established standards of practice that became the new trend in the United States. This beautiful volume presents and documents his works for the various grand-scale projects with which he was commissioned, showing how brilliantly he executed them, and narrating the story of each project inn fascinating detail.
Gordon Bunshaft (1909-1990) was an American architect. A leading proponent of modernism in the middle of the 20th century, he worked with a list of illustrious clients, creating such works as the Manhattan House, the United States Consulate, the Lincoln Center for Performing Arts, and many more.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore