GONE WITH THE WIND, by Margaret Mitchell - 1936 [2nd Printing]
Gone with the Wind
by Margaret Mitchell
Second Printing. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1936.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Second printing, within same month of first.
- Boards show some sunning around boards and to spine, some light edgewear, a few smudges to boards. Corners are scuffed and gently bumped.
- Spine is darkened with chipped ends, larger chip off head (please see photo).
- Binding is secure.
- Interior is gently age-toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
1037 pages. 6X8.75 inches.
"The story is set in Clayton County and Atlanta, both in Georgia, during the American Civil War and Reconstruction Era. It depicts the struggles of young Scarlett O'Hara, the spoiled daughter of a well-to-do plantation owner, who must use every means at her disposal to claw her way out of poverty following Sherman's destructive "March to the Sea". This historical novel features a coming-of-age story, with the title taken from the poem “Non Sum Qualis eram Bonae Sub Regno Cynarae”, written by Ernest Dowson." (wikipedia)
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore