GOD SHAKES CREATION, by David Cohn; Lucian Dent - 1935 [1st Ed]$425.00
God Shakes Creation
by David L. Cohn
illustrated by Lucian Dent
STATED FIRST EDITION. New York & London: Harper & Brothers, 1935.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition with VERY GOOD- DJ.
- Volume displays commensurate aging and wear with a well preserved interior.
- Red cloth covers exhibit overall toning and light edgewear, limited to some bumping to upper corners.
- Back board displays an area of fading, 5.5" in width, and up to 8" from foot, with dust along lower edge. (See photos)
- Spine features lightly faded gilt lettering and design, and displays softening and fading at ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations are well preserved, gently age-toned as rest of interior.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges show commensurate aging, with a small stain to lower part of fore edge. Fore edge is deckled.
- DJ looks nice behind Mylar, and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ displays notable edgewear, with notable chipping to upper edges, at corners, and into text at head of spine. Chip descends at most 1.25" into spine at head, 0.5" into back board from upper edge. (See photos)
- Back of DJ exhibits some tears and creasing along edges, as well as some pink staining on area matching area of fading on board.
- DJ is toned with light evidence of damp stain on back. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
299 pages. 6 x 8.75 inches.
David L. Cohn is a native of the Mississippi Delta. The life he describes in his book, further brought to life by the pictures, is the world he grew up in. In this volume, deeply imbued with the insight of personal experience, he delivers a remarkably complete, objective examination of the relationship between the African-American and the Caucasian man in the region where he grew up, using his conversations and acquaintances with both ethnicities to establish a discussion on the social problem of these interracial relationships: can a social system be created to satisfy them both?
Features the drawings of Lucian Dent. Includes a foreword.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore