GIORGIO MORANDI OPERA GRAFICA - 1957 [Ltd Ed]
Giorgio Morandi: Opera Grafica
text by Lamberto Vitali
LIMITED EDITION, #995/1000. Text in Italian. Turin, Italy: Giulio Einaudi Editore, 1957.
Pamphlet and plates are overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD clamshell box.
- Plates are unbound, accompanied by elephant folio pamphlet, housed in clam shell box.
- Exterior is a little rough around the edges, while preserving the interior in very nice shape.
- Plates display little to no wear and aging.
- Pamphlet exhibits some light ripples overall, and barely perceptible smudges on front.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Plates display little wear and aging overall, with scarce smudges.
- Each plate has an attached intact tissue guard.
- Clam shell box is moderately aged with some dust and smudges scattered over boards, including a 2" x 1" stain on front cover near head of front shoulder.
- Box exhibits moderate edgewear, with bumping, fraying and exposed boards at corners. Interior of box has 3 of 6 corners split where plates are held. (See photos)
117 plates + pamphlet. 12 x 16.5 inches.
Plates are unbound as issued, and are accompanied by an elephant folio pamphlet, housed and well-preserved in clam shell box. Each plate has a sturdy annotated tissue guard, attached along left edge. All text is in Italian.
Complete as issued! Plate list includes an additional 5 plates: #28, 29, 39, 48 & 49, each marked as "non riprodotto" - not attached for this limited edition. Each plates is protected behind a descriptive tissue guard with title, dimensions, and information about work. Text in Italian by Lamberto Vitali in pamphlet.
This catalog of Giorgio Morandi's complete graphic work is a gem to add to any art collector's library. Morandi's work focuses on still life, yet also includes landscapes and sometimes the human figure. This collection represents the diversity and uniqueness of his work, while Lamberto Vitali's biographical sketch offers an ideal introduction to the work of this great Italian artist along with an overview of the evolution of his art.
Giorgio Morandi (1890-1964) was an Italian painter and print maker specialized in still life. His paintings are remarkable in their tonal subtlety even in the depiction of the simplest objects, mainly bottles, vases, bowls, and flowers.
EDITION POINTS: Limited Edition, No. 995 of 1000 Copies.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore