GESEZE DER REPUBLIK PENNSYLVANIEN - 1807 [German]
Geseze Der Republik Pennsylvanien
translation of the US Constitution
This beautiful leatherbound edition presents an excellent translation of this most important of American texts of law, at the very basis of the foundation of the United States. Printed by Johann Ritter and Carl Kessler, it contains, as states the title: "The Public Laws in vigor up to the year 1805 as well as the government procurements of the United States and of Pennsylvania." Printed in antique font and entirely in German, it constitutes a priceless piece of American history. 766 pages. 5.25 x 8.5 inches.
Text in German. Includes a table of contents at end of volume as well as a preface by publisher.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: Johann Ritter & Carl Kessler, Reading, PA, 1807.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Volume is in overall good condition with general toning and rubbing.
- Covers display pronounced overall aging, from rubbing, staining and some foxing.
- Boards exhibit edgewear including chipping with exposed boards at corners, and a 5 mm indentation on front near fore edge. (See photos)
- Boards feature dentelle along head and fore edges, as well as traces of blind-tooled filigree along edges on front and back.
- Spine features faded red textblock with title in gilt, as well as five blind-tooled lines.
- Spine shows strong overall fading and rubbing, with softened and chipped ends.
- Binding is overall secure with some loosening at hinges, including 2" cracks from head as well as a couple other places which are starting to crack. (See photos)
- Pastedowns and endpapers are notably foxed and stained.
- Interior displays strong overall aging from foxing, toning, and occasional damp staining.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Pages have some edge and corner creases, as expected in antiquarian edition.
- Text block edges are toned, foxed and darkened.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore