GARRY WINOGRAND, by Leo Rubinfien - 2013
published at the occasion of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art exhibition
This is the lavishly illustrated, thoroughly documented catalog of the 2013 exhibition of the work of one of the most notable American photographers of the 20th century. Deeply involved with movement and life in the great cities, Winogrand gives us a rare insight into, as well as overview on, the life conditions in post-war America, its swings between optimism and upheaval, and constitutes a real testimony of the people. This landmark retrospective catalog offers an exceptional study of his career and enables, through the numerous essays written by leading authors on American photography, a deep understanding of one of the least understood and considered artist among his peers, as well as the discovery of some of his less known works revealing the full range of his exceptional career. 464 pages. 10 x 11.75 inches.
Lavishly illustrated with 460 duotone photographs by the artist. Includes several essays by leading authors on American photography. Also includes a chronology, selected exhibitions, a selected bibliography and a list of plates.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and Yale University Press, New Haven and London, 2013.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 9780300191776
- Volume displays minimal overall wear to covers and interior.
- Gray covers feature blind-tooled text on front, and show minimal edgewear with a barely perceptible scuff to lower edge of front, as well as minimal edgetoning that appears only upon closer examination.
- Spine features blind-tooled text.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Head edge of textblock exhibits a small stain and some soiling near gutter, are otherwise clean.
- DJ is in great condition with minimal edge and shelf wear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore