GANYMED: JAHRBUCH FUR DIE KUNST, edited by Julius Meier-Graefe - 1922 [4th Vol]
Ganymed: Ein Jahrbuch Fur Die Kunst
edited by Julius Meier-Graefe
directed by Wilhelm Hausenstein
Concerned with all aspects of European art, from visual arts to music and literature, Ganymed puts together paintings, woodcuts, etchings, musical scores, literary works, by the greatest European artists in all these various fields, documenting each of its parts with vast and wide-ranging information on their authors. It is a fascinating reference on European artists and their most famous and appreciated works, presenting their beauty and timelessness. Carefully compiled and elaborately written, this is a gem among art books, featuring the grandeur of some of the most beautiful art works ever created in their discipline. 315 pages. 8.25 x 11.25 inches.
Includes twelve original prints, among which are the following German Expressionists:
- Woodcut by Max Beckmann: Tanzende.
- Woodcut by Heinrich Campendonck: Die Bettler.
Fourth Volume. Complete Originalgraphik - all original prints intact. Includes a complete directory of images, as well as thorough information on each artist. Music scores are included.
Presumed First edition. Published by: R. Piper & Co., Munich, Germany, 1922.
Hardback is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Volume is in overall good+ condition with some wear with rubbing and fraying to covers, and well-preserved interior showing mild toning.
- Covers feature red text and illustration, and exhibit moderate edgewear with rubbing and some bumping of corners, which expose boards on some areas.
- Spine is in faded red cloth, and features text in faded gilt.
- Spine piece is mostly detached at front shoulder, with a 4" crack on back shoulder.
- Spine displays pronounced wear with fraying all along shoulders, and chipping to spine ends. (See photos)
- Binding is fragile, with some play.
- Front endpaper displays some pencil writing.
- Interior pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Interior is mildly toned and considerably well preserved.
- Textblock edges are toned and a little darkened with some scuffs.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore