GABETTI E ISOLA MOBILI 1950-1970, by Fulvio Ferrari - 1986 [1st Ed]
Gabetti E Isola Mobili 1950-1970
by Fulvio Ferrari
preface by Paolo Portoghesi
FIRST EDITION. Turin, Italy: Umberto Allemandi & C., 1986.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition with a VERY GOOD- DJ.
- ISBN: 8842200646
- Volume displays mild overall aging and wear to covers and interior.
- Blue covers exhibit mild overall toning, as well as some minor edge toning and wear including a small bump with chip to upper corner of back. (See photos)
- Spine has black text, and is toned at ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Illustrations are well preserved and rarely, if any, affected by aging inside.
- Interior displays mild overall toning with faint occasional smudges and foxing.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are dusty along head.
- DJ displays overall rubbing and some smudges, as well as edge toning.
- DJ exhibits moderate edgewear with tears and chips along edges, spine ends, and to corners.
- Spine of DJ is sunned and has a light 1.75" vertical crease along lower part towards foot, as well as a scuff going into title. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
85 pages. 8.5 x 12.25 inches.
"Fulvio Ferrari was born in Ormea in 1945. Originally an antiquarian and designer, he became specialized in revisiting the furniture of the post-World War II period under an antiquarian light." (Google translate) This appears to be his personal collection.
This catalog presents the works of two important figures of post-World War II Italian architecture: Roberto Gabetti (1925-2000) and Aimaro Isola (b. 1928) who collaborated for the creation of several works. The catalog is preceded by an introduction and essay offering some valuable context and information on the artists.
Lavishly illustrated with full-color and B&W photographs. Catalog contains 8 full-color plates. Text in Italian. Includes a preface by Paolo Portoghesi and an essay by Gabetti and Isola.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore