FURNITURE DESIGNED BY BORGE MOGENSEN by Arne Karlsen - 1968 Danish Modern Plans$150.00
Mobler tegnet af Borge Mogensen: Furniture designed by Borge Mogensen
udvalgt og beskrevet af Arne Karlsen - selected and described by Arne Karlsen
Published by: Arkitektens Forlag, Copenhagen, DK, 1968.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume is overall well-preserved with minimal aging and wear to covers and interior.
- Blue cloth covers feature blind-tooled design on front and display mild overall rubbing, fading and dust.
- Front board shows a barely perceptible thin 2" long horizontal scoring on fore edge. (See photos, tweaked for visibility)
- Spine features gilt text and is lightly faded.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior displays minor to minimal overall age-toning and is well-preserved throughout.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Title page to page 7/8 have a persistent crease to upper corner. (See photos)
- Textblock edges display light foxing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
An exhaustive history of the beautiful Mogensen style of Danish furniture. This detailed documentation is illustrated with photographs of the various pieces of furniture designed by Borge Mogensen, giving out the history of each piece or ensemble of furniture, showing the changes undergone through the years by the Mogensen style, or brought on by it, through elaborate construction plans. The selection is accurately described by Arne Karlsen, in its context and the way it contradicts or innovates previous models.
Illustrated throughout with B&W photographs and construction plans. Text is in Danish with full English translation. Includes a list of manufactures, as well as a feet inches/centimeter converter at end of volume.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore